MEEKAS Learning Home educational approach is child-oriented. Our educators believe that the most beneficial and favourable learning must be in accord with the student’s individuality.
Our teaching team strongly understands that children learn by examples and we take our responsibility seriously. We consistently display competent actions and mastered thinking skills. We know imitating is a key process that allows children to develop positive self-awareness. We recognize the importance of meaningful play as a means to exercise children’s needs in social-emotional, physical, creative expression and cognitive development.
• To be able to express feelings • To develop a concept of self • To develop self-control • To develop self-understanding • To develop a positive self-image • To develop the ability to stick with a task to completion
• To refine sensory abilities • To develop large muscle abilities • To develop small muscle abilities • To develop eye-hand coordination • To refine visual discrimination • To refine listening skills • To establish reading readiness skills
• To acquire social skills • To cooperate with others • To respect materials • To respect other people • To appreciate and value differences
Staff Interaction with Children
• The Staff of MEEKAS are committed to effective communication, and to support and respect each other. • Staff shares a desire to work well as a team, to accept each other's opinions and to value each other's different working styles. • Staff strives to value each families input and respect the uniqueness of each family unit. • Staff desire families to respect and value the work undertaken by them with their children. • Staff desire security within their work environment. • MEEKAS has a team of experienced and qualified staff to care for your child. • Staff will act in a professional manner at all times with parents and children thus eliminating personal bias.
Achieve areas of learning and development
• Personal, Social and emotional development • Language, communications and literacy development • Knowledge and understanding of the world • Emphasis on self-confidence and a sense of positive accomplishment • Promotes exploration and discovery in a safe and enriched environment • Introduces a love for books and computers too • Incorporates cooperative learning (large and small group) and individualized attention • Encourages a positive attitude toward others, school, and learning • Supports family involvement • Creates joyful memories to last a lifetime
Long Term Aims for Children at MEEKAS
• To provide a healthy, stimulating, safe and nurturing environment. • To provide a high quality program which is based on current educational theory and practice and acknowledges that each child has their own learning style, special talents, interests and needs. • To provide a variety of experiences that allow for spontaneous as well as planned activities to assist children's development. • To work with parents in partnership so as to promote in the children healthy self esteem which we believe is vital for positive physical, intellectual and social growth. • To offer a nutritious diet that offers a variety of foods which are culturally appropriate, includes special dietary considerations and is well balanced.
Our vision is to create responsible, independent individuals who have the knowledge and attitude to be successful in an ever-changing world.